Cable Fault Location
IES Industrial Electrical Services Ltd can assist and carry out cable fault location services either above ground cables or underground cables.
When cable faults occur this means companies large or small are at a total loss of power and also loss of production incurring loss of revenue £. In most cases this requires an immediate response and action plan. IES offer a 24 / 7 / 365 cable fault location service that includes:
- Fault location engineer / AP if required will carry out safe switching of electrical system.
- Fault location engineer / AP will take full control of electrical safety.
- Fault location engineer / AP will commence with pinpointing the position of the fault.
- IES if required will co-ordinate or organise all required civil works to expose cables and prove.
- IES engineers will carry out safe spiking of the identified cable.
- IES engineers will carry out safe hydraulic cutting of the identified cable.
- Prior to starting IES engineers will complete all phasing, testing and cutting back.
- IES engineers will arrange all required joint materials and suitable cables to complete the required through jointing.
- Upon completion IES AP will complete the testing of the repaired cable and complete all switching to reinstate supplies.
- Once all supplies are re-instated IES will arrange for the reinstatement of the ground service.
(AP= Authorised Person on High Voltage Systems)
IES cable fault location services are carried out by highly experienced and qualified Engineers using both bespoke test equipment and the latest test equipment available from leading manufacturers.
This service has proved valuable to many organisations from small individual companies through to the international manufacturing companies using both LV & HV Systems.